Benefits and Why Members Engage
- The Committee will continue to advocate for employer-friendly state and federal policies while encouraging AIM members to become more engaged in efforts to control their individual health-care costs, including developing and implementing robust wellness programs and utilizing cost and quality transparency tools.
- The ongoing agenda includes:
- Reconciling federal health care reform with Massachusetts health care reform.
- Monitoring the ongoing implementation of the Massachusetts health-care cost containment law, which set a target to (control growth of health costs consistent with growth of the state’s economy).
- Educating employers and employees about strategies to manage health insurance costs.
- The Committee also helped AIM’s government affairs team to support successfully a number of state policy changes that have impacted employers, including:
- Extension of the federal allowance for small group rating factors.
- Elimination of the fair share assessment under the 2006 state health care reform.
- Elimination of the Section 125 requirement for non-benefit eligible employees.
Healthcare & Workforce Development
- Vice President of Government Affairs
- Government Affairs